Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements Guide
This guide provides authoritative guidance on preparation, compilation and review engagements in compliance with the newly effective SSARS No. 21. This new standard makes substantial changes to compilation engagements, and introduces the new preparation standard, and greatly impacts accountants in public practice who prepare financial statements.
This resource will assist CPAs with interpreting and applying SSARS 21.
- Helps you in incorporating the latest developments andestablishing best-practicesin your practice
- Provides interpretive guidance and implementation strategies for all preparation, compilation and review engagements
- Contains Q&As on compilation reporting requirements when independence is impaired
- Discusses the implications of the 'Nonattest Services' subtopic (AICPA, Professional Standards, ET section 1.295) of the 'Independence Rule' (AICPA, Professional Standards, ET sec. 1.200.001)
- Includes practical tools and resources, including updated illustrative engagement and representation letters and accountants' reports, detailed illustrative client inquiries and illustrative analytics for reviews
- Exposes potential pitfalls associated with independence and ethics requirements
- Updated guidance on accountant's review report when the review was conducted in accordance with both SSARS and ISRE 2400 (Revised), resulting from the issuance of Interpretation No. 1
- Additional illustrative accountant's reports covering a wide range of practice scenarios
- Added guidance on communication with predecessor accountant
Who Will Benefit?
- B&I financial managers may use this guide to prepare for financial statement review, compilation, or preparation engagements
- CPAs in public practice will use this guide to assist in the implementation of SSARS 21 in the performance of preparation, compilation, and review engagements, and update their knowledge in the subject matter
Bundle & Save
This product is also available in an online subscription format that includes the corresponding Developments in Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements 2016/17, content updates and unlimited online access for 1 year. Select the Online Subscription option and save!
Information about the eBook option
If purchasing this title as an eBook, please note that it is intended for a single user. An eBook is a downloadable file that will be accessible immediately after completing your purchase. Access to the download link expires 180 days from the purchase date. Download the file before this time elapses. Before downloading your eBook, you must:
- Download and activate Adobe Digital Editions® - a free program for accessing eBooks
- Return to the AICPA Store and go to My Account > My Downloads
- Click the eBook title to download and open automatically in Adobe Digital Editions
Note: To access your eBook on a smartphone, tablet or other reading device, see our FAQ. This product is refundable within 10 days of your purchase date. For more information about this product or service concerns, please contact the AICPA Store Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-777-7077.