Service Organizations: Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to User Entities' Internal Control Over Financial Reporting Guide (SOC 1)
This updated and improved guide is designed to help CPAs effectively perform service organization control (SOC) 1 engagements under Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 16, Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization.
With the growth in business specialization, outsourcing to service organizations has become increasingly popular, increasing the demand for SOC 1SM engagements.
This guide will help you:
- Gain a deeper understanding of Service Organization Control Guidance and common practice issues, giving you the foundational knowledge to effectively perform engagements.
- Provide best in class services related to planning, performing, and reporting on a service auditor's engagement.
- Successfully complete the transition from SAS No. 70, Service Organizations, to SSAE No. 16, Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization (issued in April 2010).
- Understand the kinds of information auditors of the financial statements of user entities need from a service auditor's report.
- Implement SSAE No. 16 requirement regarding obtaining a written assertion from management of a service organization by providing illustrative management assertion for a type 1 and type 2 report.
- Provide management representation letters and control objectives for various types of service organizations.
In addition, this guide contains over 20 illustrative service auditor's reports to help you with situations that may require modification of the report.
This guide has been fully conformed to reflect changes resulting from the clarified auditing standards.
If purchasing this title as an eBook, please note that it is intended for a single user. An eBook is a downloadable file that will be accessible immediately after completing your purchase. Access to the download link expires 180 days from the purchase date. Download the file before this time elapses. Before downloading your eBook, you must:
- Download and activate Adobe Digital Editions® - a free program for accessing eBooks
- Return to CPA2Biz.com and go to My Account > My Downloads
- Click the eBook title to download and open automatically in Adobe Digital Editions
Note: To access your eBook on a smartphone, tablet or other reading device, see our FAQ. This product is refundable within 10 days of your purchase date. For more information about this product or service concerns, please contact the CPA2Biz/AICPA Service Center at email@example.com or call 888-777-7077.
Online Subscription > AICPA Online Professional Library. The online subscription option below includes content updates and unlimited online access for 1 year. AICPA Online Professional Library - your source for the latest guidance, information, and standards on a variety of accounting & auditing, industry-specific, and practice management topics. Subscribe to the product, bundle, or library that best meets your organization's needs. Click here for more information.