IFRS Certificate Program
AICPA has just relaunched the IFRS Certificate Program to give you the skills in international financial reporting that you need to compete effectively in today's global business environment. A grounding in IFRS will distinguish you from other accounting and finance professionals and expand your career opportunities both in the U.S. and globally.
With more than 120 countries that either require or permit the use of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for domestic listed companies, knowledge of IFRS is a fundamental core competency for audit professionals, accountants engaged in financial reporting, and other finance professionals. Now is the time for you to demonstrate competency in IFRS so your expertise knows no borders.
Why is IFRS relevant in the US?
- The most obvious impact is the need to prepare or audit financial statements of non-U.S. subsidiaries of U.S. multinationals. U.S. multinationals are headquartered across the U.S. and auditors and accountants may easily find themselves with a client with IFRS requirements.
- Financial professionals will more often find themselves structuring deals and transactions with IFRS counterparties, including vendors and customers. Understanding the implications of structuring the transactions and reporting using IFRS requires more than a passing knowledge of the differences between IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
- As both the FASB and IASB continue their standard-setting agendas, financial professionals will need to assess proposals and be concerned about divergence that could impact their financial reporting or audit responsibilities as time goes by.
The IFRS Certification Program is a comprehensive, integrated curriculum of 25 online self-study courses. A scenario-based series of modules, the Program uses multimedia elements, such as audio, video and interactive exercises and case studies, to guide you through concepts under each area of IFRS.
All those who successfully complete all courses in the curriculum will receive either a Certificate of Educational Achievement plus over 40 hours of continuing education credit. (for CPAs), or an Award of Educational Achievement (for non CPAs).
- Obtain the necessary proficiency in complex International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) areas including financial instruments and business combinations. Acquire a broad overview of key IFRS definitions and concepts
- Apply the fundamental principles of IFRS across a range of accounting topics
- Understand the accounting impact of the latest standards and amendments issued by the IASB.
Who Will Benefit?
CPAs in Public Practice who perform Audits and Accountants who prepare Financial Reports and work in the following areas:
- Multinational organizations
- U.S.-based subsidiaries of foreign parent corporations
- U.S.-based parent companies with international subsidiaries that have adopted IFRS
- Public companies
- Large private companies
- Public practice who serve private, public or international companies with audit, preparation, or advisory service
Courses in the program cover:
- Fair Value Measurement
- Financial Instruments
- Revenue Recognition
- Joint Arrangements
- Business Combinations
- Foreign Currency
- Income Taxes
- Intangible Assets
- Investment Property
... and more!
As part of your enrollment, you will receive a subscription to eIFRS, an online set of resources maintained by the IFRS Foundation featuring all original standards and amendments, additional research and training materials, and advanced electronic search capabilities.
About the Publisher