Understanding the Basic Structure of the Legal System
This course provides a high-level overview of bankruptcy and the roles of forensic accountants that work with bankruptcy engagements. Our overview employs three different scenarios to give learners a broad understanding of the field.
- Define the purpose of the U.S. Code.
- Describe the basic elements of applicable state statutes.
- Distinguish available alternative dispute resolution (ADR) options.
- Explain the federal and state rules of evidence that directly apply to the work of the forensic accountant.
- Explain the federal and state rules of procedure that directly apply to the work of the forensic accountant.
- Describe the structure of the United States federal and state court systems.
- List applicable laws, regulations, guidance, and agencies relative to the work of the forensic accountant.
Advanced Preparation: None