Best Practices in Accounting and Finance Writing: Being Clear and Accurate
Readers of finance and accounting documents expect the information to be complete, accurate, and readable - neither overly simplistic nor complex. This course will enable you to select and apply language that delivers clear and readable documents, reports, letters, and emails. Major topics include:
- Understanding the difference between appropriately and overly technical word choices
- Making sentences communicate meaning precisely and without excess words
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Choose words that are precise and familiar
- Eliminate unnecessary words and limit ambiguity
- Write sentences that make ideas clear
- Use verbs to clarify meaning
Who Will Benefit?
- CPAs in any role interested in being able to effectively communicate accounting and financial information to a non-technical audience
This course has been developed by the Business Learning Institute. The Business Learning Institute, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.
About the Publisher
Business Learning Institute