Accounting and Reporting for Not-For-Profit Organizations
This CPE course provides you with the tools necessary to enhance your not-for-profit accounting skills and create value-added services to clients. We take you beyond the theory through a case-study-intense, highly interactive, classroom environment. In this course, you will examine, evaluate, and perform case studies to enhance your working knowledge of fundamental not-for-profit accounting and reporting, presentation requirements, note disclosures unique to not-for-profits, and options allowed under GAAP.
This course will prepare you to:
- Identify major components of accounting and reporting in not-for-profit organizations
- Recognize appropriate accounting for recording and recognizing contributions
- Identify concepts related to valuation of contributed services and promises received near year-end
- Apply fund accounting and the reclassification of fund balances into net asset classes
- Recall the effects of split-interest agreements on not-for-profit entities
- Determine the appropriate accounting for membership dues under various scenarios
- Financial statement preparation
- Note disclosures
- Operating and non-operating costs
- Allocation of fundraising costs
- Contributed services
- Membership fees
- Split-interest agreements
- Common financial statement mistakes
- Grant contributions and exchange transactions
- Statement of activities
- Programmatic investments
Who Will Benefit?
- Auditors, practitioners and accounting and finance professionals of not-for-profit organizations
Not-for-Profit Section Members Save an Additional 20%!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com.
Find out more information on the NFP Section.
About the Publisher