Case Studies in Not-for-Profit Accounting and Auditing
Gain hands-on experience with case studies designed to simulate real-world scenarios and common problems in today's not-for-profit environment. This CPE course goes beyond the theory and will show you how to navigate the key issues that arise in not-for-profit accounting and auditing.
This course will prepare you to:
- Identify the accounting differences between contribution and exchange transaction revenues
- Recall key issues relating to the recording and valuation of contributed services
- Identify key accounting issues related to pledges and special event costs associated with a capital campaign
- Recognize financial statement presentation deficiencies by reviewing an incorrectly prepared statement
- Apply important auditing concepts to a statement of functional expenses
- Determine effective audit procedures to employ in response to identified fraud risk factors
- Analyze critical concepts involved in auditing contributions
- Financial statement requirements
- Net asset classifications: unrestricted, temporarily restricted, and permanently restricted net assets
- Consideration of fraud
- Promises to give
- Distinguishing contributions from exchange transactions
- Auditing contributions
- Contributed services
- Split-interest agreements
- Assessing internal control deficiencies
- Capital campaigns and special events
- Fundraising events and membership
- Allocation of costs relating to fundraising
- Audit issues related to the statement of functional expenses
Who Will Benefit?
- Not-for-profit professionals responsible for accounting and reporting and auditors of not-for-profits
Not-for-Profit Section Members Save an Additional 20%!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com.
Find out more information on the NFP Section.
About the Publisher