Best Practices in Accounting and Finance Writing: Putting Ideas in Order
This course will show you how to manage your thinking and create an organized document that highlights what you want your reader to know, think, and do. You will learn how to present ideas in the proper sequence so that readers will understand your writing. Major topics covered include:
- Using the upside down triangle to manage thinking and communicate effectively
- Recognizing what enables a reader to identify and respond to a message
- Identifying messages and sub-messages
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Know how to organize technical material so that a reader can understand your supporting logic and identify what you want them to do
- Be able to review a document and determine whether it makes sense
Who Will Benefit?
CPAs in any role interested in being able to communicate accounting and financial information to a non technical audience more effectively
This course has been developed by the Business Learning Institute. The Business Learning Institute, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.
Advanced Preparation: None
About the Publisher
Business Learning Institute