Excel for Accounting Professionals Webcast Series
Your registration includes access to the entire Excel series webcasts. If you are unable to attend one or more broadcasts in the series, you will be able to attend a later session and still earn the CPE credit.
- Learn how to effectively use key Excel functions and features that are critical for accounting professionals
Webcasts included in this series:
|April 17 | 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|April 17 | 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|April 19 | 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|April 19 | 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|April 24 | 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|April 24 | 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|April 26 | 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|April 26 | 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
The Excel for Accounting Professionals Webcast Series is designed to walk through the Excel features, functions and techniques that will save you time. Since the series is designed progressively, working through them in order ensures that you have all prerequisite knowledge to understand and implement the topics discussed.
This is a comprehensive Excel series, not just a quick "tips and tricks" webinar, and we are able to tackle real-world issues and build some fairly robust workbooks. The key to building powerful workbooks is understanding how to use many Excel items at the same time so that they work together to drive productivity. This series teaches many Excel topics individually, and then applies them collectively; for example, in the final webinar we use 10+ independent Excel items to build an automated reporting workbook.
The series introduces more than 30 Excel features, functions and techniques, including INDEX, SUMIFS, Mapping Tables, ErrorCk, Dynamic Headers, MATCH, VLOOKUP, Data Validation, Tables, Named References, Conditional Formatting, Skinny Row, Start Here, Input Cells, Selection Groups, Nested Functions, Workbook Design Principles, Boolean Values, AND, Comparison Formulas, VALUE, TEXT, IFERROR, List Comparisons, Multicolumn List Comparisons, Indenting, EOMONTH, DATE, CONCATENATE, and Horizontal Reports.
The sessions are designed for you to work along. These hands-on workshops are an effective way to learn Excel, since you'll be completing the same exercises demonstrated by the instructor. The link will be provided so you can download the Excel files.
During the sessions, the instructor will provide time for you to complete the exercises using your Microsoft Excel for Windows. For each topic presented, the format is that the instructor explains the topic and demonstrates it with Excel exercises. Then, the instructor stops talking and provides time for you to complete many of the same exercises. Then, the instructor demonstrates the solutions for all of the exercise in the practice workbook, and then moves to the next topic. This format allows you to work along rather than just watch passively, enabling you to immediately practice the skills demonstrated.
If you are sincere about wanting to improve your Excel skills, and to figure out how to use Excel to save time, this comprehensive Excel series is sure to help.
For best results, webcast attendees should meet the following requirements:
- Windows 7 with IE 8+, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
- Windows 8 with IE 10+, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
- Windows 8.1 with IE 11+, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
- Mac OS 10.9.x with Safari 7.x, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
- Mac OS 10.10.x with Safari 8.x, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
- Linux Ubuntu 10.x with Firefox 40.x or 44.x
- Adobe Flash 14+ (Click on link to install/upgrade): http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Computer with Speakers / Headset, resolution 1024x768 minimum, 1 GHz+ CPU, 512+ Mb RAM
- High speed internet connection
- Apple iPad / iPhone running HTML5
- Android Device running Flash (Note: Android Jelly Bean currently does not support Flash).
- Not all features that are available to PC/Mac attendees are available to mobile device attendees.