State and Local Governments - Audit and Accounting Guide
Whether you are a financial statement preparer or auditor or you practice in state and local government, this guide provides you with advice for handling auditing and accounting issues common to state and local governments.
You'll get critical "how-to" guidance on planning, performing, and reporting on your audit engagements; including financial reporting and the financial reporting entity, revenue and expense recognition, capital asset accounting, and the elements of net position. This new edition covers fair value measurement, auditing and accounting guidance for governmental pensions, and more.
This guide helps both auditors and financial statement preparers in the state and local government arena to solve complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Updates to address accounting and auditing considerations for investments and certain equity interests as a result of GASB Statement No. 72
- Audit guidance for investments
- Illustrative auditor's reports
- Accounting and reporting guidance for governmental pensions
- Audit guidance for governmental pensions
- GASB Statement No. 72, Fair Value Measurement and Application
- GASB Statement No. 76, The Hierarchy of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for State and Local Governments
- GASB Statement No. 79, Certain External Investment Pools and Pool Participants
Who Will Benefit?
- Auditors who are auditing the basic financial statements of a state or local government in accordance with GAAS
- Finance personnel of a state or local government responsible for financial reporting
AICPA and GASB Government Standards Set [Subscription]
This discounted set gives you access to the full range of AICPA government-related literature combined with the GASB library, all in one convenient online subscription. Plus you'll save money over the individual purchase prices. The set includes how-to advice and authoritative guidance, valuable discussion, best practices, hands-on tools, and much more. Follow the link above for details.
This product is also available in an online subscription format that includes the corresponding State and Local Governmental Developments - Audit Risk Alert, content updates and unlimited online access for 1 year. Select the Online Subscription option and save!
Information about the eBook option:
If purchasing this title as an eBook, please note that it is intended for a single user. An eBook is a downloadable file that will be accessible immediately after completing your purchase. Access to the download link expires 180 days from the purchase date. Download the file before this time elapses. Before downloading your eBook, you must:
- Download and activate Adobe Digital Editions® - a free program for accessing eBooks
- Return to the AICPA Store and go to My Account > My Downloads
- Click the eBook title to download and open automatically in Adobe Digital Editions
Note: To access your eBook on a smartphone, tablet or other reading device, see our FAQ. This product is refundable within 10 days of your purchase date. For more information about this product or service concerns, please contact the AICPA Store Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-777-7077.