New Staff: Core Concepts - Understanding the Audit Process
This CPE course can be purchased individually, or as a part of the Audit Staff Essentials – New Staff: Core Concepts staff training bundle.
This CPE course provides a general overview of the entire audit process, from start to finish.
In covering the overall process of an audit, the course will guide new staff from pre-engagement activities and client acceptance through concluding procedures. Along the way, the module touches on procedures and standards that guide the flow of the audit. In addition, the course covers steps related to planning, materiality, risk assessment, analytical procedures, internal controls, and walkthroughs. Details of individual steps are covered in other modules.
- Relevant professional standards
- Defining professional responsibilities
- Pre-engagement activities and client acceptance
- Further audit procedures
- Financial statements
- Concluding procedures
This course will prepare you to do the following:
- Recall the professional responsibilities for an auditor, as prescribed by generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS)
- Identify the individual procedures that collectively represent the pre-engagement activities of an audit
- Recall the individual procedures that collectively represent the majority of test work performed during an audit
- Identify common procedures to finalize an audit
Who Will Benefit
- Recently onboarded staff
- First-year staff
- Firms that want consistent training and level setting
PCPS Members Receive Additional Savings!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, click here to obtain the discount code to enter during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com.
Find out more information on PCPS Membership.
About the Publisher