New Staff: Core Concepts - What is an Audit?
This CPE course can be purchased individually, or as a part of the Audit Staff Essentials – New Staff: Core Concepts staff training bundle.
This CPE course fully explains what an audit is for new staff. After a discussion of the overall objectives of an audit, the learner will go over common issues that are important to new staff who have little to no firm experience.
Additional topics discussed include the following: who an auditor actually works for; what types and levels of service firms provide; standards auditors follow and who sets those standards; and the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, the ethical rules auditors work under.
- Overall objectives of the audit
- Who does an auditor work for?
- Attest and assurance services and levels of service
- Professional standard setters
- Independence and professional skepticism
- Overview of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
This course will prepare you to do the following:
- Recognize the general concept of an audit, its importance, and what an auditor does and does not do when performing an audit
- Recall the definitions of attest and assurance services and distinguish between the two
- Identify the various levels of service and the related levels of assurance available for the preparation of and the reporting on financial statements
- Recognize the various standard setters and the professional standards they promulgate
- Recognize threats and implement safeguards, specifically in the areas of independence and professional skepticism
- Recall the Principles of Professional Conduct and their application to common scenarios
Who Will Benefit
- Recently onboarded staff
- First-year staff
- Firms that want consistent training and level setting
PCPS Members Receive Additional Savings!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, click here to obtain the discount code to enter during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more information on PCPS Membership.
About the Publisher