Valuation of Privately-Held-Company Equity Securities Issued as Compensation - Accounting and Valuation Guide
This new Guide has been developed by AICPA staff and the Equity Securities Task Force and is the first in a series of 3 NEW AICPA Accounting Valuation Guides to be released. This long anticipated release reflects best practices developed over the previous decade.
Since the issuance of FASB ASC 718 and 505-50 in 2004, valuing stock-based compensation ("cheap stock") has been a significant challenge for private companies. This New Guide has been designed to mitigate those challenges. It brings you practical guidance and illustrations related to accounting, disclosures and valuation of privately held company equity securities issued as compensation.
This guide includes
- Evaluating private and secondary market transactions — What should companies do when transaction activity doesn't match their estimates of value?
- Adjustments for control and marketability — How should companies think about the value of the enterprise for the purpose of valuing minority securities? When is it appropriate to apply a discount for lack of marketability, and how should the estimated discount be supported?
- Highly leveraged entities — How should companies incorporate the fair value of debt in the valuation of equity securities? What is the impact of leverage on the expected volatility of various securities?
- The relevance of ASC 820 (SFAS 157) to cheap stock issues
- Updated guidance and illustrations regarding the valuation of, and disclosures related to, privately held company equity securities issued as compensation
This Guide also provides expanded and more robust valuation material to reflect advances in the theory and practice of valuation since 2004.
This edition includes guidance from FASB ASC 718, 505-50, 820-10 and SSVS 1 which were all issued since the last AICPA guidance dedicated to this issue.
FVS Section Members and CGMA designation holders qualify for an additional 10% discount on this product!
In order to receive your special pricing, you must be registered and signed in. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or service@aicpa.
Find out more information on the Forensic and Valuation Services Member Section.
eBook System Requirement:s
If purchasing this title as an eBook, please note that it is intended for a single user. An eBook is a downloadable file that will be accessible immediately after completing your purchase. Access to the download link expires 180 days from the purchase date. Download the file before this time elapses. Before downloading your eBook, you must:
- Download and activate Adobe Digital Editions® - a free program for accessing eBooks
- Return to CPA2Biz.com and go to My Account > My Downloads
- Click the eBook title to download and open automatically in Adobe Digital Editions
Note: To access your eBook on a smartphone, tablet or other reading device, see our FAQ. This product is refundable within 10 days of your purchase date. For more information about this product or service concerns, please contact the CPA2Biz/AICPA Service Center at email@example.com or call 888-777-7077.
Online Subscription > AICPA Online Professional Library. Your subscription includes the corresponding Audit Risk Alert, content updates and unlimited online access for 1 year.
AICPA Online Professional Library – your source for the latest guidance, information, and standards on a variety of accounting & auditing, industry-specific, and practice management topics. Subscribe to the product, bundle, or library that best meets your organization's needs. Click here for more information.