Beyond technical or financial knowledge, serving as an effective expert witness requires specific skills that convey confidence, credibility and authority. Learn how to combine these aspects, with a command of the courtroom, during the AICPA Expert Witness Skills Workshop. The workshop sessions go beyond the typical classroom lecture, so you can participate in a real-life courtroom atmosphere. With seating limited to just 36 participants and almost a 1:1 student-to faculty ratio, it’s the ideal environment to practice your presentation and communication skills to experts, lawyers and judges, receive personalized feedback and take those skills to the next level.
- Real-life skills for success as an expert witness
- One-on-one guidance from lawyers, judges and financial experts Immediate feedback and hands-on interactivity
- Realistic courtroom atmosphere to address strengths and challenges
- Video-recorded sessions for evaluations and personalized development
- Your choice to review and use either a business valuation or damages case study (developed for the workshop) during various stages throughout the program
PLEASE NOTE: The focus of the workshop is on the practical skills necessary to credibly communicate a professional opinion to a trier of fact. It does not cover the technical aspects of developing a business valuation or an economic damages analysis. The requests for a particular case study will be considered but are not guaranteed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Experienced expert witnesses: Refine and improve your skills
- First-time testifiers: Acquire essential skills and build your confidence in a protected environment
- ABV® and CFF® Exams candidates: Develop your understanding of the litigation process
- General practitioners: Advance your skills beyond the technical aspects of preparing a damages or valuation report
FVS Section Members/ABV/CFF Credential Holders Save an Additional $100:
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com
Find out more information on the FVS Section