Beyond technical or financial knowledge, serving as an effective expert witness requires specific skills that convey confidence, credibility and authority. Learn how to combine these aspects, with a command of the courtroom, during the AICPA Expert Witness Skills Workshop. The workshop sessions go beyond the typical classroom lecture, so you can participate in a real-life courtroom atmosphere. With seating limited to just 36 participants and almost a 1:1 student-to faculty ratio, it’s the ideal environment to practice your presentation and communication skills to experts, lawyers and judges, receive personalized feedback and take those skills to the next level.
- Direct guidance from lawyers, judges and financial experts
- Effective, insightful advice and hands-on interactivity
- Video-recorded sessions for evaluations and personalized development
- Your choice to review and use either the damages or business valuation
- case study during various stages throughout the live workshop
PLEASE NOTE: The focus of the workshop is on the practical skills necessary to credibly communicate a professional opinion to a trier of fact. It does not cover the technical aspects of developing a business valuation or an economic damages analysis. The requests for a particular case study will be considered but are not guaranteed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Experienced expert witnesses: Refine and improve your skills
- First-time testifiers: Acquire essential skills and build your confidence in a protected environment
- ABV® and CFF® Exams candidates: Develop your understanding of the litigation process
- General practitioners: Advance your skills beyond the technical aspects of preparing a damages or valuation report
Make the Most of Your Experience. Follow These Milestones to Your Success:
- Pace your pre-workshop preparation
- Case Study - Review, in advance, either the Damages or Business Valuation case studies developed for this workshop. You will receive an email with access instructions
- COMPANION WEBCASTS - Participate in either webcast, highlighting the fact pattern of each case study, and gear up for the challenging workshop:
- Aug. 22 | 1–3pm ET | 2 CPE Credits Key Basic Concepts of Economic Damages
- Aug. 23 | 1–3pm ET | 2 CPE Credits Business Valuation in Litigation: The Basics
- On-Demand | No CPE Rules, Reports, Testimony and Trials in Canada
- Join us in Denver for real-life expert witness skills.
FVS Section Members/ABV/CFF Credential Holders Save an Additional $100:
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more information on the FVS Section