AICPA Expert Witness Skills Workshop
Beyond technical or financial knowledge, serving as an effective expert witness requires specific skills that convey confidence, credibility and authority. Learn how to combine these aspects, with a command of the courtroom, during the AICPA Expert Witness Skills Workshop. The workshop sessions go beyond the typical classroom lecture, so you can participate in a real-life courtroom atmosphere. With seating limited to just 36 participants and almost a 1:1 student-to faculty ratio, it’s the ideal environment to practice your presentation and communication skills to experts, lawyers and judges, receive personalized feedback and take those skills to the next level.
- Real-life skills for success as an expert witness
- One-on-one guidance from lawyers, judges and financial experts Immediate feedback and hands-on interactivity
- Realistic courtroom atmosphere to address strengths and challenges
- Video-recorded sessions for evaluations and personalized development
- Your choice to review and use either a business valuation or damages case study (developed for the workshop) during various stages throughout the program
PLEASE NOTE: The focus of the workshop is on the practical skills necessary to credibly communicate a professional opinion to a trier of fact. It does not cover the technical aspects of developing a business valuation or an economic damages analysis. The requests for a particular case study will be considered but are not guaranteed.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced expert witnesses: Refine and improve your skills
- First-time testifiers: Acquire essential skills and build your confidence in a protected environment
- ABV® and CFF® Exams candidates: Develop your understanding of the litigation process
- General practitioners: Advance your skills beyond the technical aspects of preparing a damages or valuation report
FVS Section Members/ABV/CFF Credential Holders Save an Additional $100
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more information on the FVS Section.
Travel & Accommodations
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
Rate: $235 Single/Double
Cut off: August 16, 2017
The AICPA has a special agreement with Maupin Travel, Inc. of North Carolina to assist you with your travel arrangements. Call 1-800-345-5540 to arrange your travel to the AICPA Conference.
DELTA AIR LINES
2% to 10% OFF OF APPLICABLE FARES OR SPECIAL ZONE FARES* AVAILABLE
Call Delta Airlines 1-800-328-1111. Refer to Meeting Event Code # NMPTK
Reservations and ticketing is also available via www.delta.com When booking online, select Book A Trip, click on Advanced Search and enter the meeting event codeNMPTKin the box provided.
*Zone Fares do not require a Saturday night stay over. These fares are available on all flights but are inventory controlled. Some restrictions may apply.
HERTZ CAR RENTAL
SPECIAL CONVENTION RATES ARE AVAILABLE
Book Online or call Hertz at 1-800-654-2240 and use AICPA discount code (CDP#) 12353 and convention code (CV#) 021H0024
Rates are subject to availability. The AICPA is not liable for any penalties incurred if you cancel/change your reservations.
On-Site Conference: You may cancel without penalty if cancellation request is received up to and including 45 days prior to the start of the conference. Due to financial obligations incurred by the AICPA, a credit less 50% of the registration fee will be issued for requests received up to and including 21 days prior to the start of the conference. No refunds or credits will be issued on cancellation requests received less than 21 days prior to the start of the event.
Online Conference System Requirements
Attending Online is easy! Check the System Requirements below and install Adobe Flash if you haven't already, then visit this demo page once you're ready to check for compatibility.
NOTE: For sessions that are audio-only, you use the same player and have the experience as the above demo page, but there will be a static image in place of the video stream.
- Adobe Flash plugin (Click on link to install) http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Supported Browsers: Internet Explorer 8 or Higher, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- Computer with Speakers / Headset
- High speed internet connection