IFRS: Inventories (IAS 2)
AICPA's IFRS Certificate Program
This course is part of the IFRS Certificate Program – a comprehensive, integrated curriculum that will give you the basic training, knowledge, and practical guidance in international accounting standards that are necessary in today's global business environment. Credit for individual courses purchased can be applied to the full program. Click here for information on the complete program.
The purpose of this course is to familiarize you with the measurement of inventories, including any write-down to net realizable value. It also covers the cost formulas that may be used to assign costs to inventories.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine the initial measurement of inventory assets
- Understand the cost formulas that are permitted by IAS 2, Inventories
- Calculate the appropriate carrying amount of inventory at the reporting date
- Test inventories for impairment by applying the lower of cost or net realizable value calculation to ending inventory
- Determine the appropriate measurement of cost of sales for a reporting period
About the Publisher