A Leader's Guide to Mastering Influence
Professionals today are called upon to demonstrate their ability to be skillful and flexible, irrespective of their position, in how they influence others. As organisations become less formal in their power structures, and flatter and more flexible in their systems of governance, there is an even greater need for finance professionals to have the ability to influence other people.
During this one hour module, participants will gain valuable insights into their strengths as well as development areas to become consummate influencers. By creating a greater awareness of the assets and skills required to effectively influence, participants can develop the strength, the focus, and the interpersonal flexibility required of great influencers.
- Discover the distinction between Influence and Power and what makes a highly-effective influencer.
- Examine an influencing skills model to help them understand effective influencing behaviours. This evaluation will help them better understand how they currently use influence behaviours and identify areas for development. [Influencing Assessment]
- Determine the particular style of influencing they naturally use and which ones they are less inclined to deploy.
- Describe an Influencing Process that gives them a strategic and tactical approach to influencing in any situation. Participants will be encouraged to use this process and apply it to their current situation. [Influencing Process]
- Establish clear and powerful influence goals and map critical people onto a useful stakeholder grid so they can see just how they can achieve their goals through these people.
- Develop and practice a variety of influencing behaviours which they have identified as important to achieving successful results. [Behavioural Model]
Advanced Preparation: None
CGMA designation holders qualify for discounted pricing on this product. In order to receive your special pricing, you must be registered and signed in. View the complete list of development products available on CGMA.org.
About the Publisher