Advanced OMB Circular A-133 Issues
This course discusses various critical and pertinent topical areas encountered in an OMB Circular A-133 compliance audit. It covers topics that will assist you in planning, performing and reporting on the compliance audit. This course provides insight into key issues not found in other courses.
Advanced topics covered in the course include obtaining an understanding of internal control over compliance, the major program determination process, and audit sampling in the compliance audit. Reporting in a compliance audit is discussed, including discussion of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards and the schedule of findings and questioned costs. In addition, issues related to pass-through awards and the subrecipients that receive those awards can be found in this course.
- Planning the audit
- Schedule of expenditures of federal awards
- Determination of major programs
- Internal control over compliance
- Compliance auditing
- Audit sampling in a compliance audit
- Pass-through awards
- Reporting in a compliance audit
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key planning considerations of a single audit
- Identify advanced issues regarding the presentation and audit of the SEFA
- Understand Circular A-133 requirements related to internal control over compliance for Federal Awards
- Discuss the use of audit sampling in a compliance audit
- Understand audit issues regarding pass-through entities and subrecipients
- Understand the reporting requirements of a compliance audit
Who Will Benefit?
Auditors responsible for planning, directing, and reporting on A-133 compliance audits
Prerequisite: Experience in A-133 auditing
Advanced Preparation: None
About the Publisher