Preparation, Compilation and Review Staff Essentials
The AICPA's SSARS No. 21 standard, with its introduction of the preparation engagement, has brought a level of change to this area of practice not seen in over 30 years. This 17-hour curriculum, presented in 1 to 3 hour self-paced modules, will provide the comprehensive training needed to consistently and accurately perform these types of engagements.
This online learning program combines real-world examples, practice exercises, and case studies, to create a flexible, engaging learning experience. Each module features a different "learning coach" that offers tips and best practices that will help you put the learning concepts into context.
- Introduction to Review Engagements
- Performing a Review Engagement Part I
- Performing a Review Engagement Part II
- Reporting on Review Engagements
- Introduction to Compilation Engagements
- Performing a Compilation Engagement
- Reporting on Compilation Engagements
- Engagements to Prepare Financial Statements
- Current Accounting and Reporting Issues and Latest Developments
When you complete this course, you will know:
- The performance requirements for preparation, compilation and review engagements
- The reporting requirements associated with compilation and review engagements
- The various financial reporting frameworks used in the preparation of financial statements
- Recent SSARSs, accounting, and reporting developments
- Preparation, compilation, and review engagement fundamentals
- Performing preparation, compilation, and review engagements
- Reporting on compilation and review engagements, including illustrative reports
- Special purpose frameworks
- Recent SSARSs developments
- Current accounting and reporting issues
- Future projects of the Accounting and Review Services Committee
Who Will Benefit?
- CPA firm staff members that perform review, compilation and financial statement preparation engagements
Want to focus on specific types of engagements?
Choose from two smaller bundles:
- Review Engagements Series
This 9-hour curriculum will provide the comprehensive training your staff needs to be able to perform their review engagements consistently and accurately. Learn More
- Compilation and Preparation Engagements Series
This 10-hour curriculum will provide the comprehensive training your staff needs to be able to perform their compilation and preparation engagements consistently and accurately. Learn More
PCPS Members Save an Additional 10%!
Login here to obtain the discount code. If you are not a member, find out more about PCPS Membership benefits. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing multiple enrollments for your organization? Contact a representative by completing a brief Online Form or calling 800.634.6780 (option 1) for information on a discounted rate.
What level of knowledge should I possess prior to starting the Preparation, Compilation and Review Staff Essentials curriculum?
While the curriculum is designed to provide a foundational level of learning, individuals will benefit from having a basic understanding and awareness of engagements subject to Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARSs).
How is the curriculum material presented?
Designed to be highly interactive, this curriculum offers multiple opportunities for learning, including real-world examples, practice exercises, case studies, and a “learning coach.” Exams are presented after each course to allow you to apply what you just learned. There is no comprehensive final exam.
How long will it take me to complete?
This varies from individual to individual and is completely dependent upon the time the participant allocates to completing the coursework. A commitment of approximately 17 hours will be required for most individuals to successfully complete the curriculum.
What period of time do I have to complete the curriculum?
You have 12 months from the date of purchase to complete all the courses.
Can I complete the curriculum in any order?
It is recommended that each course in a series be completed prior to beginning the following series.
Is there any cost savings in purchasing the entire curriculum over buying courses individually?
Yes, the full curriculum costs less than buying each series individually, and each series costs less than purchasing the courses individually. Actual savings will vary for members and nonmembers.
If I were to purchase one course or series, and then decided to purchase the entire curriculum, will I still get the full bundled price savings?
Yes, as long as you haven’t already paid more than the full curriculum price. The price you paid for the engagement specific series or individual courses you have already taken will be deducted from the total curriculum price.
You are not required to complete the entire curriculum to earn CPE credit. The courses are offered individually, so you will earn CPE credit for each course you take and successfully complete the exam.
About the Publisher