Duff & Phelps is now providing the data previously in the SBBI Valuation Yearbook, as well as data from the Risk Premium Report, in this handbook - all to help you estimate the cost of equity capital for a subject company.
This Valuation Handbook contains all of the “key variables in estimating the cost of capital,” including:
- Long-term (20-year) U.S. Treasury Coupon Bond Yield
- Equity Risk Premium
- Long-horizon expected “historical” equity risk premium
- Long-horizon expected “supply side” equity risk premium
- Size Premium
- CRSP Mid-Cap, Low-Cap, and Micro-Cap size premia
- CRSP Deciles 1 through 10 size premia
- Size premia for the breakdown of CRSP Decile 10 into 10a (and its subdeciles 10w and 10x) and 10b (and its subdeciles 10y and 10z)
- Industry Risk Premium
- Industry risk premia (IRPs) for use in the build-up method (previously found in Table 3-5 in the SBBI Valuation Yearbook).
This Valuation Handbook also includes all of risk premia and size premia (for up to eight different measures of “size”) previously published in the Duff & Phelps Risk Premium Report, including:
- Size Study
Analyzes the relationship between equity returns and company size, using up to 8 measures of company size (market value of common equity, book value of common equity, 5-year average net income, market value of invested capital (MVIC), total assets, 5-year average EBITDA, sales, and number of employees).
- Risk Study
Analyzes the relationship between equity returns and accounting-based fundamental risk measures
- High-Financial-Risk Study
Analyzes the relationship between equity returns and high-financial-risk, as measured by the Altman z-Score.
About the Authors
Duff & Phelps provides objective and independent assessments of value for organizations. Their finance and accounting expertise, combined with its use and development of sophisticated valuation methodologies, fulfills even the most complex financial reporting and tax requirements. They constantly monitor changing regulations and consistently provide input to the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the International Accounting Standards Board as they develop implementation guidance and new financial reporting rules with valuation implications.
Duff & Phelps also performs tax valuations and related consulting in accordance with the regulations and guidance established by the Internal Revenue Service and other taxing authorities. Duff & Phelps valuation opinions are fully defensible and documented to withstand scrutiny from the SEC or other regulatory bodies.
Who Will Benefit:
- All accounting and finance professionals working in the area of valuation
FVS Section Members Save an Additional 10%!:
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or service@aicpa
Find out more information on the Forensic and Valuation Services Member Section