This session is part of "Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp" webcast series. The full series will cover all personal financial planning (PFP) topics including tax, estate, retirement, investment, insurance/risk-management planning and the financial planning process, as well as the new Statement on Standards in PFP Services.
This deep-dive session examines the federal income tax system, with particular reference to the taxation of individuals and businesses. Participants will also get an in-depth review of the various tax-related aspects of investments, life insurance, annuities and securities.
- Understand filing statuses available for individuals
- Examine the financial planning implications of itemized deductions
- Understand the income tax filing requirements for individuals and businesses
- Classify businesses for income tax purposes according to the check-the box regulations
- Illustrate the benefits of income splitting
- Discuss the tax limitations imposed on the tax-deductibility of gifts made to charity
- Describe the requirements necessary to defer recognition of gain in a like-kind exchange under Section 1031
- Identify the classification of assets for income tax purposes
Field of Study: Taxes
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of income tax planning
Important Information on Your CPE Credit
PFP & PFS Members save even more:
When you log into this website with your AICPA member account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Section discounts cannot be combined with any other offer. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com
Group Viewing Option
Gather the team together and attend this webcast as a group. Each attendee will earn CPE Credit. Select the Group Viewing product below and enter the number of attendees in the quantity box.
Price Per Attendee
Number of Attendees
1 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 20
All group attendees must be sitting in the same room in order to obtain CPE credit.