PFP Boot Camp: Investment and Education Planning
This webcast is a part of the Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp webcast series.
This session explores the securities markets, sources of information, risk/return, debt and equities, stocks, bonds, options, futures and security analysis. It will increase basic knowledge as to how money and capital markets operate, how to conduct investment and financial research, and how to evaluate the risks and rates of return for various types of investment. Education Planning address the various topics which are part of the education planning process: needs analysis, types of education funding vehicles, assessment of potential for financial aid as well as personal financial planning strategies unique to the education funding process.
- Describe the three phases in the investment process
- Critique the efficient market hypothesis, and its implications for technical and fundamental analysis
- Compare and contrast stock and bond market indices to include weightings and composition
- Create procedures to implement dollar cost averaging
- Formulate the relationship between a bond's par (face) value, market price, coupon rate, maturity and YTM
- Compute your client's holding period and annual compound rate of return on an investment over a specific time frame
- Understand education financing options and cost of education
- Evaluate education savings plans depending on client goals
- Comprehend asset ownership of education assets
PFP section members and PFS credential holders receive a 20% discount:
When you log into this website with your AICPA member account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Section discounts cannot be combined with any other offer. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Viewing Option
Gather the team together and attend this webcast as a group. Each attendee will earn CPE Credit. Enter the number of attendees in the quantity box above.
|Number of Attendees||Non-Member||Member|
1 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 20
All group attendees must be sitting in the same room in order to obtain CPE credit.