This session is part of "Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp" webcast series. The full series will cover all personal financial planning (PFP) topics including tax, estate, retirement, investment, insurance/risk-management planning and the financial planning process, as well as the new Statement on Standards in PFP Services.
This session addresses risk management. Various insurance products will be reviewed, including life, disability and medical insurance, as well as the types of contracts available; and how insurance is used in financial planning to manage risk. Participants will also learn about the many types of property and casualty insurance, including homeowners, liability and auto insurance.
- Identify, assess and evaluate loss exposures
- Select and propose risk management technique(s)
- Articulate the legal elements and characteristics of insurance contracts
- Compare and contrast types of life insurance
- Recognize the various types and uses of annuities
- Evaluate annuity distribution option based on clients goals
- Differentiate and compare the various types of disability insurance
- Select disability benefits and riders based on client need
- Select appropriate policy form for insured property based on covered perils
- Choose liability limits based on clients financial statements
- Distinguish differences between types of individual and group medical expense plans
- Analyze need for LTC insurance
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge in the area of insurance planning.
Important Information on Your CPE Credit
PFP & PFS Members save even more:
When you log into this website with your AICPA member account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Section discounts cannot be combined with any other offer. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Viewing Option
Gather the team together and attend this webcast as a group. Each attendee will earn CPE Credit. Select the Group Viewing product below and enter the number of attendees in the quantity box.
Price Per Attendee
Number of Attendees
1 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 20
All group attendees must be sitting in the same room in order to obtain CPE credit.