PFP Boot Camp: Risk Management / Employee and Business-Owner Planning
This webcast is a part of the Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp webcast series.
This session addresses risk management. Various insurance products will be reviewed, including life, disability and medical insurance, as well as the types of contracts available; and how insurance is used in financial planning to manage risk. Participants will also learn about the many types of property and casualty insurance, including homeowners, liability and auto insurance. The employee and business-owner section covers benefits such as Social Security programs, civil service group life, disability, dental and health insurance. The compensation section covers executive compensation and equity and deferred compensation arrangements. Business owner issues relating to entity selection, liability and transitioning to a retirement income producing asset are covered as well.
- Identify, assess and evaluate loss exposures
- Select and propose risk management technique(s)
- Articulate the legal elements and characteristics of insurance contracts
- Compare and contrast types of life insurance
- Recognize the various types and uses of annuities
- Evaluate annuity distribution option based on clients goals
- Differentiate and compare the various types of disability insurance
- Select disability benefits and riders based on client need
- Select appropriate policy form for insured property based on covered perils
- Choose liability limits based on client's financial statements
- Distinguish differences between types of individual and group medical expense plans
- Analyze need for LTC insurance
- Describe the current trends and issues relating to employee benefits
- Compare and contrast qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plans
- Understand the issues relating to diversification and planning relating to equity plans
- Recognize liability exposure of business owners depending on business type
- Understand the tax treatment of partnerships from the perspective of the owner
PFP section members and PFS credential holders receive a 20% discount:
When you log into this website with your AICPA member account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Section discounts cannot be combined with any other offer. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com.
Group Viewing Option
Gather the team together and attend this webcast as a group. Each attendee will earn CPE Credit. Enter the number of attendees in the quantity box above.
|Number of Attendees||Non-Member||Member|
1 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 20
All group attendees must be sitting in the same room in order to obtain CPE credit.