Tax Staff Essentials, Level 1 - New Staff
Tax Staff Essentials, Level 1 is designed for beginning staff; this level covers key areas to ensure your young tax force is well prepared to begin their careers. We will focus on the areas of Individual, Partnership and S Corporation tax compliance, effective online tax research techniques, clear and precise workpaper documentation, effective professional business communications. Your future tax professionals will be provided a broad range of practical tax instruction, including key issues surrounding the Individual taxation, new cost and repair regulations, S Corporation distributions, items affecting shareholder basis, Passive Activity Loss rules, and more. The Tax Staff Essentials courses establish a strong set of core skills necessary for junior staff growth.
- Tax Research I
- Individual Tax Fundamentals
- Capitalized Costs and Depreciation
- Working Paper Documentation
- S Corporation Fundamental
- Effective Business Communication
- Tax Fundamentals of LLCs and Partnerships
- Filing requirements and personal exemptions
- Gross income inclusions, exclusions, and adjustments
- Sole proprietorships and hobby loss rules
- Home offices, rental properties, and vacation homes
- Passive activities
- Net Investment Income Tax
- Medicare Payroll Tax
- S Corporation elections, terminations, and revocations
- S Corp distributions and shareholder basis adjustments
- S Corp allocations of profits and losses
- Capital Improvements and Repair
- Depreciation Methods and IRS tables
- Intangible Asset Amortization
- Online Tax Research methodology
- Authoritative Tax Hierarchy
- The power of professional language in business writing
- Book/Tax Adjustment documentation
- Tax Return support documentation
This course will prepare you to:
- Analyze and report the business income and expenses of a sole proprietorship or a single member LLC on Schedule C to the Form 1040
- Interpret and report the rental activities on Schedule E to the Form 1040
- Identify the specific rules that apply under the "passive activity" rules
- Determine if a change of filing status will improve the filing position for taxpayers based on the list of itemized deductions
- Determine when an S Corporation may be advantageous for a business
- Determine how to make a proper S corporation election
- Determine income or loss that passes through to the shareholder
- Recognize active and passive income and determine material participation as it relates to an individual S corporation shareholder
- Understand the impact of converting a C Corporation, with prior retained earnings, into an S Corporation
- Distinguish between deductible repairs and capitalized improvements under new tax regulations
- Calculate the initial tax basis and adjusted tax basis of business property
- Determine the tax basis of self-constructed assets
- Execute efficient and meaningful research utilizing internet-based tax research services
- Know which workpapers are appropriate for specific tax situations
- Understand how to prepare an Accrual to Cash Conversion workpaper
- Produce written communications that are positive and confident
This comprehensive, integrated curriculum provides tax training for four different experience levels and is available in four different formats: Online, On-site, Tax Schools and Webcasts.
For more info, visit the Tax Staff Essentials website.
Tax Section Members Receive Additional Savings!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multiple Participant Discounts:
Contact a representative by completing a brief Online Form or calling 800.634.6780(option 1) for information on a discounted rate.
The On-demand offers immediate access to courses with discounts available for 3+ participants.
The On-site program may be purchased for 10+ participants with an AICPA instructor or as a guide for using your own subject matter expert.
NOTE: If you wish to enroll Tax Section members in your group purchase, you must speak with a representative to ensure that section discounts are applied.
About the Publisher