Income Tax Accounting - Tax Staff Essentials
Save when you buy the complete Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3 online bundle.
This CPE course assists you in understanding the rules of ASC 740, Income Taxes, and how these rules establish guidelines for accounting for income taxes, including income tax expense, classification of deferred tax accounts, and related disclosures.
Additionally, this course contains case studies to give you a practical look at how to account for different deferred tax scenarios. You will also receive a comparison of the accounting for income taxes under both U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
This course will prepare you to:
- Recall the principles of ASC 740
- Recall how to calculate income tax expense and deferred tax liabilities and assets
- Identify steps necessary to determine the valuation allowance
- Identify components of proper documentation of deferred income taxes in the workpapers, as well as required disclosures within the financial statements
- Theoretical concepts of ASC 740
- Identifying and measuring temporary differences
- Identifying tax differences and a four-column worksheet
- Tax benefits for carrybacks and carryforwards
- Accounting for uncertainty in income taxes
- Reporting and disclosure under ASC 740
- ASC 740-20 intraperiod tax allocation
- Case studies and examples illustrating theory and concepts
Tax Section Members Receive Additional Savings!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com.
Find out more information on the Tax Section.
About the Publisher