Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3 - Tax Senior/Supervisor
Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3 training identifies the more difficult areas for experienced tax compliance specialists. We will focus on understanding business strategies, analyzing your client's competitive position, and converting this knowledge into tax planning and business advice. Increasing exposure into specialized tax niches will position your work force to capitalize on emerging cross-selling opportunities. Key subject matters covered include ASC740 and deferred income taxes, estates and trusts, tax exempt organizations, real estate transactions, and advanced S Corporation concepts. This level will give Staff, Seniors and Supervisors the confidence necessary to begin assuming client and engagement management responsibilities.
- Form 990 - Mastering Its Unique Characteristics
- Income Tax Accounting
- Estate & Trust Primer
- Real Estate Taxation
- Advanced Tax Planning S Corporations
- Introduction to Business Acquisitions
This course will prepare you to:
- Implement strategies for high-wealth clients, those approaching retirement, homeowners, parents of college-bound children, employees, self-employed individuals, and seniors
- Respond to tax-law and economic developments with up-to-date strategies that save taxes for individual clients
- Render appropriate federal income tax advice to clients who are separated, divorcing, or already divorced
- Identify circumstances that warrant converting from S to C corporation and gain a basic understanding of how to make the conversion
- Interpret tax issues related to the formation of a corporation
- Understand the complex rules of basis and distributions
- Apply the rules related to acquisitions and liquidations of S corporations
- Explain the uses of trusts as S corporation shareholders.
- Understand the concept of a trust and the various types of trusts
- Advise clients on filing requirements for Forms 706 and 709
- Identify the elements of an estate and grantor trusts
- Understand the basic steps in a business acquisition
- Analyze the three principle approaches to valuation of a business
- Structure compensation alternatives for individual buyers and sellers
- Prepare and use Forms 990, 990-EZ, and related schedules
- Understand which organizations must file returns and which are exempt
- Minimizing taxes for high-wealth clients
- How new tax developments affect individuals
- Using IRAs in strategic plans
- S Corp current developments: tax planning impact
- Use of qualified subchapter S subsidiaries (QSUB) and trusts (QSST)
- Shareholder compensation planning
- Types of Trusts and Trustee powers
- Basic concept of estate planning
- Advantages and disadvantages comparison of Business Entities
- Business Acquisition basics
- Asset versus stock based Transactions
- Valuation considerations
- In-depth look at Form 990 and all related schedules
- Tax issues facing tax-exempt organizations
- Positive communication skills for Leaders and Staff
This comprehensive, integrated curriculum provides tax training for four different experience levels and is available in four different formats: Online, On-site, Tax Schools and Webcasts.
For more info, visit the Tax Staff Essentials website.
Tax Section Members Receive Additional Savings!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com.
Find out more information on the Tax Section.
Multiple Participant Discounts:
Contact a representative by completing a brief Online Form or calling 800.634.6780 (option 1) for information on a discounted rate.
The On-demand offers immediate access to courses with discounts available for 3+ participants.
The On-site program may be purchased for 10+ participants with an AICPA instructor or as a guide for using your own subject matter expert.
NOTE: If you wish to enroll Tax Section members in your group purchase, you must speak with a representative to ensure that section discounts are applied.
About the Publisher