Engagement Essentials: Preparation, Compilation, and Review of Financial Statements
Are you seeking to perform your engagements with maximum efficiency? This CPE course provides an overview of the Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services, specifically SSARS No. 21, and covers the fundamentals of preparation, compilation, and review engagements.
In this course, you will learn what distinguishes preparation, compilation, and review engagements from a traditional audit, You will then apply these concepts with practice questions, case studies and a step-by-step walk-through of these engagements.
This course is fully updated to incorporate the changes from the recently issued SSARSs No. 22, Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information, and SSARS No. 23, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services - 2016.
This course will prepare you to:
- Identify the performance requirements associated with these engagements
- Recall the standard compilation and review reports, as well as common modifications to the accountant’s reports
- Recognize the documentation requirements associated with these engagements
- Preparation, compilation, and review engagement fundamentals
- Performance requirements for preparation, compilation, and review engagements, including compilation of prospective financial information and pro forma financial information
- Special purpose and other accounting frameworks
- Illustrative compilation and review reports
- Inquiry and analytical procedures
- Latest developments
Who Will Benefit?
- CPA firm attest staff, including paraprofessionals, who are new to performing preparation, compilation, and review engagements or CPAs requiring a refresher on preparation, compilation or review engagements.
About the Publisher