XBRL Fundamentals: Creating the Extension Taxonomy
A properly created custom taxonomy is a critical component to ensuring that the XBRL-formatted information properly reflects the information in the applicable financial disclosures. This module will explain how to create an entity’s custom XBRL taxonomy.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the process for creating the extension taxonomy.
- Understand how to create relationship groups and extension elements,
- Learn how to create relationships (presentation, calculation and other relationships within the definition linkbase).
- Learn how to create labels
- Understand how to update an existing extension taxonomy.
Advanced Preparation: None
This course is part of the XBRL U.S. GAAP Certificate Program
NOTE: Information provided in the Certificate Program teaches application of tagging XBRL financial statements even though content may or may not be based on the most current release of the US GAAP Taxonomy. The Securities and Exchange Commission requires companies to use an approved taxonomy. Filers are responsible for checking the Securities and Exchange Commission's website for the most current release.