Fundamentals of Governmental Accounting and Reporting
Are you just starting to work in the governmental arena? Have you worked in this area for years but need a refresher to keep up with changes? If so, this is the course for you.
This CPE course features the foundational tenets of governmental accounting and reporting in today's environment. Learn more than the buzz words – learn the underlying concepts and how they are applied.
This course will prepare you to:
- Identify unique aspects of the governmental environment
- Identify the 11 fund types and 3 fund categories
- Apply the appropriate Measurement Focus and Basis of Accounting (MFBA) to fund accounting and reporting
- Classify, measure and report governmental revenues and expenditures
- Recognize the financial reporting structure used by governments
- Distinguish the format and reporting requirements for government-wide financial statements
- Recognize special purpose governments
- Identify the impact of capital assets and long-term liabilities at the fund reporting level as well as the government-wide financial statement level
- The governmental environment and GAAP
- Fund accounting and the financial reporting model
- Revenues and expenditures
- Governmental, proprietary, and fiduciary funds
- Government-wide financial statements
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Special purpose governments
- Deferred outflows of resources and deferred inflows of resources
Who Will Benefit?
- Accounting and finance professionals working in the state and local government environment
- Auditors with state and local government clients who seek a refresher in fundamental government accounting and reporting concepts
About the Publisher