Construction Contractors Advanced Issues
The construction industry comes with many advanced accounting issues, audit procedures, and tax issues, which makes construction contractor engagements inherently higher risk than other engagements. As a result, practitioners and financial professionals should be prepared to address difficult issues such as look-back calculations, measuring progress of contracts, overhead allocations, and internal controls for construction contractors.
In this CPE course, you will learn about some of the most pervasive issues in the construction industry and how to identify and manage the risks inherent in construction contractor engagements.
This course will prepare you to:
- Apply complex accounting and financial reporting standards to construction contractors.
- Evaluate and rework audit processes to avoid common deficiencies in construction engagements.
- Identify tax compliance issues unique to the construction industry.
- Contractor internal controls
- Fraud and the contractor
- Joint venture accounting
- Contractor benchmarks
- Cash management for the contractor
- Construction cost allocations
- Assisting the financially troubled contractor
- Audit risks
- Deferred income taxes
- Tax planning and AMT
- The look-back method
Who Will Benefit?
- Practitioners working with construction contractors
- Contractors needing training on advanced accounting and tax concepts
About the Publisher