Engagement Essentials: Preparation, Compilation, and Review of Financial Statements
This CPE course provides an overview of the Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services, specifically SSARS No. 21, and covers the fundamentals of preparation, compilation, and review engagements.
You'll learn what distinguishes preparation, compilation, and review engagements from a traditional audit, and will then apply these concepts with practice questions, case studies, and a step-by-step walk-through of these engagements.
This course is fully updated to incorporate the changes from the recently issued SSARSs No. 21, Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the performance requirements associated with these engagements.
- Recall the standard compilation and review reports, as well as common modifications to the accountant's report.
- Recognize the documentation requirements associated with these engagements.
- Preparation, compilation, and review engagement fundamentals
- Performance requirements for preparation, compilation, and review engagements
- Special purpose and other accounting frameworks
- Illustrative compilation and review reports
- Inquiry and analytical procedures
- Latest developments
Who Will Benefit?
- New staff assigned to preparation, compilation, and review engagements
About the Publisher