Codification of Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services
This 2017 edition includes the authoritative standards and interpretations applicable to preparation, compilation, and review engagements. These standards provide the requirements for practitioners performing these engagements.
In addition to SSARS No. 21, which is now effective, this edition includes two newly released Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS): SSARS No. 22, Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information, and SSARS No. 23, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services—2016.
The more significant changes attributed to SSARS No. 22 and No. 23 include:
- Addition of AR-C Appendix A due to the issuance of SSARS No. 22 (AR-C 120).
- Amendments to the following sections due to the issuance of SSARS No. 23:
- AR-C Section 60, General Principles for Engagements Performed in Accordance With Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services
- AR-C Section 70, Preparation of Financial Statements
- AR-C Section 80, Compilation Engagements
- AR-C Section 90, Review of Financial Statements
You’ll find this codification is fully indexed and arranged by subject. The guidance (and related interpretations to the extent applicable) help you apply the standards in specific circumstances and clearly show amendments, deleted or superseded portions, and conforming changes due to the issuance of other authoritative guidance.
Who Will Benefit
- Accountants performing preparation, compilation, or review engagements in accordance with SSARS