The Adviser's Guide to Healthcare, Second Edition
In a radically changing healthcare environment, the tools you need to navigate consulting practices can be found in this Guide.
Developed by two of the foremost consultants in the healthcare industry, The Adviser’s Guide to Health Care – Second Edition is a comprehensive resource and reference guide for professionals seeking a working knowledge of the myriad factors involved in consulting with and valuing healthcare practices. This two-volume set is built around a new taxonomy framework for approaching economic value for the healthcare industry—the Four Pillars of reimbursement, regulation, competition, and technology. The Four Pillars framework is carried throughout each of the two volumes that comprise this book:
Volume I, An Era of Reform—The Four Pillars: Provides in-depth discussions of the Four Pillars, the reimbursement environment, the regulatory environment, the impact of competitive forces, and technology; and the landmark legislation that has contributed to the current healthcare environment.
Volume II, Consulting Services: Introduces different models of emerging healthcare organizations, details industry subspecialties in terms of the Four Pillars framework, and addresses issues related to consulting services for healthcare practices, including valuation services for enterprises, assets, and services.
Reader tools throughout the Guide help you reference and retain complex information. These tools include:
- Sidebars. Key terms, key concepts, key sources, associations, and factoids all serve to enhance and reinforce the core takeaways from each chapter.
- Tables. Tables are used to display and reference benchmark data, draw comparisons, and illustrate industry data trends.
- Figures. Graphical depictions of concepts help you comprehend the material.
Keep up with the changing face of healthcare services and consulting practices with The Adviser’s Guide to Healthcare!
Key ACA concepts explained, including:
- Cadillac Tax
- Cafeteria Plans
- Employee Cost Sharing
- Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) Employees
- Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Exchange
- Small Business Healthcare Affordability Tax Credits
- Small Firm Penalty Exemption
Who Will Benefit:
- Advisors and consultants to healthcare practices, insurance professionals, hospitals, etc.
- Valuation (BV/FVS) consultants and advisors.
- Any practitioner with an interest in healthcare and healthcare practices, healthcare reform, and how it affects businesses.
Praise for The Adviser’s Guide to Health Care
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
Roberto Castro, Esq., MST, MBA, CVA, CMEA
- “For those already working in the industry, the guides provide an invaluable point of reference, an opportunity to better serve existing clients, and expand services.”
- “…this a most valuable guide for existing and new healthcare consultants.”
- “Cimasi and Zigrang provide new and seasoned practitioners a current and useful guide to the healthcare industry. The combined volumes are over 1,000 pages in length and provide substantive and actionable information needed to work in the industry. This two-volume set is a must-have resource!”
Business Valuation Review
Russell T. Glazer, CPA/ABV, MCBA, ABAR, ASA, CVA, MBA
- “The two volumes of The Adviser’s Guide to Health Care, 2nd edition, offer a wide-reaching, comprehensive exploration of the dynamic and ever-changing healthcare industry.”
- “In providing this resource for those professionals who provide valuation and other consulting services to healthcare practitioners, Bob Cimasi and Todd Zigrang have made an invaluable addition to the libraries of these professionals, as well as to the canon of professional literature.”
Business Valuation Update / BV Wire Book Review
Michael Gregory, MBA, ASA, CVA
- “It is a must-have resource for those involved with healthcare consulting and valuation.”
- “This two-volume set is unmatched in its thoroughness and in the quality of its research and scholarship. It is a convenient, accessible, one-stop point of service to those who want to enhance their knowledge of the healthcare industry.”
- “With the detailed table of contents and index, a reader can easily and time efficiently find the information they are seeking in a very reasonable timeframe, updating their knowledge by focusing in on their specific area of interest in healthcare.”
- “The text is so well written that the reader can quickly gain invaluable insight in short order related to their specific questions or concerns.”
- “It is a significant asset to the healthcare consulting profession to have a ready resource to obtain more information based on reliability, decades of experience, and dedicated attention to accuracy and detail that is provided by authors Bob Cimasi and Todd Zigrang.”
- “In my opinion, this Guide is the most significant contribution to this field to date.”
Business Appraisal Practice (BAP)
Shawn Hyde, CBA, CVA, CMEA
- “…full of exceedingly useful information that I expect to be referencing time and time again in my consulting practice.”