IFRS: Tax Considerations Beyond IAS 12
AICPA's IFRS Certificate Program
This course is part of the IFRS Certificate Program – a comprehensive, integrated curriculum that will give you the basic training, knowledge, and practical guidance in international accounting standards that are necessary in today's global business environment. Credit for individual courses purchased can be applied to the full program. Click here for information on the complete program.
The purpose of this course is to familiarize you with many of the major issues that the global tax function of a US multi-national corporation should consider before the corporation converts its financial reporting to IFRS. While the course is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all issues a tax professional should consider, it covers a number of interrelated areas that need to be considered before conversion to IFRS.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the independence of US tax law from US accounting rules and the ramifications of this independence
- Understand the relative dependence of US foreign subsidiaries tax law on statutory accounting results and the ramifications of this dependence
- Understand the need for international tax planning
- Understand how adoption of IFRS affects cash paid for taxes
- Understand how financial reporting of tax under IFRS affects the global tax function
Advance Preparation: None
About the Publisher