Annual Update for Accountants and Auditors
Staying current on the fast-paced changes in the accounting and auditing industry is challenging yet critical. This comprehensive CPE course covers relevant pronouncements, exposure drafts, and recently issued FASB, PCAOB, and ASB standards and guidance that impact the accounting, auditing, review, and compilation arenas.
The course covers important industry changes such as revenue recognition, leases, financial instruments, and SSARS No. 21, and includes practical applications for each, to help you understand and apply the standards to real-life scenarios. The course also contains an exclusive video segment featuring expert speakers from the Private Company Council, Deloitte & Touche, and the AICPA Audit & Attest Standards Team.
New for 2016:
ASU's issued in the past year, covering topics such as revenue recognition, leases, financial instruments, and Business Combinations; recently issued SAS No's 128 through 130 and recently issued auditing interpretations; revised SSAE standards; Overview of SSARS No. 21.
- Accounting, auditing, and attestation standards updates
- Attest Clarity Project
- ARSC Clarity Project
- FASB projects – financial instruments
- Private company financial reporting
- IFRS in the United States – an update
- Impact of the current environment on audit planning
This course will prepare you to:
- Understand recently issued FASB standards and guidance
- Assess the effect of recently issued auditing standards, attestation standards, and standards on accounting and review services
- Become familiar with exposure drafts and other projects in accounting, auditing, compilation, preparation, and review services
Who Will Benefit?
- CPAs who require a comprehensive review of recent accounting and auditing pronouncements
This product includes a course manual, plus, a 268 min (total run time) DVD video, which includes 11 separate segments relating to chapters within the manual. AICPA has assembled subject matter experts to discuss what matters most to those within the accounting and auditing profession, as well as what is expected to come in the future, from a regulatory and statutory standpoint. This product is designed to be used by first viewing the specific video segment, and then, returning to the course manual to read the chapter relating to the same topic as the video. Panelists' discussion is led and moderated by Renee Rampulla, CPA, CGMA, Owner, Rampulla Advisory Services, LLC. Panelists include the following (listed in order of appearance): William Schneider, CPA, CGMA, Director of Accounting, AT&T, Inc.; Michael Cheng, CPA, Private Company Council, FASB; Ahava Goldman, CPA, CGMA, Senior Technical Manager – Audit & Attest Standards Team, AICPA; Megan Zietsman, CPA, CA (SA), Partner – Audit & Assurance Services, Deloitte & Touche, LLP; Michael Glynn, CPA, CGMA, Senior Technical Manager – Audit & Attest Standards Team, AICPA
About the Publisher