Professional Ethics: The AICPA's Comprehensive Course
This CPE course discusses the AICPA, SEC, and GAO ethics rules in an inventive and creative way. Through interactive case studies, exercises and illustrative graphics, you will learn the most up-to-date rules.
This course also explains the revised AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and conceptual framework, which all members of the AICPA must follow. It covers the basic tenets of ethical and professional conduct, the principles of ethics, and explains why the code is necessary and how it is organized.
This course will prepare you to:
- Apply the revised AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Recognize the importance and organization of AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Apply AICPA rule interpretations on integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and advertising
- Recognize the SEC, GAO and other regulator rules
- Recall the obligations to exercise due care
- Conceptual Framework
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Acts discreditable to the profession
Who Will Benefit?
- Individuals getting their CPA license and those who want a refresher course on the AICPA code
Note:This course contains information also covered in the Independence course and the Selected Topics in Professional Ethics course. Those who have taken Independence cannot claim credit for both Independence and Professional Ethics: The AICPA's Comprehensive Course. Those who have taken Independence and want to learn about other ethics topics should take Selected Topics in Professional Ethics.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR CPE CREDIT
Many states do not accept the AICPA course to meet the Ethics requirement for earning or maintaining a CPA license. Please contact your state board to determine which Ethics course is required to earn your license.
If you are taking the text course:
- You must pass with a score of 90% or higher to qualify towards earning your CPA license.
- You must pass with a score of 70% or higher to earn CPE credit towards maintaining your existing license.
If you are taking the On-Demand course towards earning your CPA license:
- You must select the course 155903.
- You must pass this course with a score of 90% or higher to qualify.
If you are taking the On-Demand course for CPE credit towards maintaining your existing license:
- You must select the course 155703.
- You must pass this course with a score of 70% or higher to earn CPE credit.
Note: This course may be taken using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari browsers. At this time, this course cannot be completed using Internet Explorer.
About the Publisher