Fair Value Accounting
In this CPE course, gain insights into the rationale behind fair value measurement.
You will learn about the issues that arise when fair value accounting is implemented under existing FASB standards and see examples of these issues. Learn about the application of fair value measurement in the context of business combination. In addition, see sample presentations of the measurement and estimation challenges that confront preparers and auditors in the areas of initial recognition, subsequent measurement, goodwill impairment, and the use of a valuation specialist.
This course will prepare you to:
- Identify and apply key concepts of fair value measurement
- Determine instances when FASB guidance requires measurement of assets or liabilities at fair value
- Identify considerations relating to fair value in the context of initial recognition and subsequent measurement
- Recall considerations relating to working with a valuation specialist
- Fair value measurement and disclosures
- Fair value measurement in business combinations
- Testing for subsequent impairment of fair value
- Working with a valuation specialist
- Documentation considerations
Who Will Benefit?
- Practitioners and members in industry responsible for accounting and financial reporting
About the Publisher