AICPA ABV Exam Review Course
NOTE: Taking the AICPA's review course does not guarantee the candidate of successfully passing the ABV exam. The review course reviews most of the items on the exam's content specific outline. The course is not meant to teach topics to the candidate for the first time. A significant amount of independent reading and study will be necessary to prepare for the exam, regardless of whether the candidate completes the review course or not.
The AICPA's ABV credential is the most rigorous and prestigious of the business valuation certifications. In a short time, it has become an essential marketing tool for the CPA planning to specialize in this lucrative practice area. The ABV Exam, a key step towards becoming an ABV, tests a comprehensive range of business valuation knowledge.
The ABV Exam is now offered in a 2-part, modular format. Module 1, 'Approaches', covers Content Specification Outline (CSO) Section II and chapters 3-7 of the ABV Exam Review Course. Module 2, 'Analysis & Related', covers CSO Sections I & III and chapters 1, 2 & 8-10 of the ABV Exam Review Course. Please reference the CSO before preparing for the ABV Exam.
Newly enhanced and closely aligned with the ABV exam, the AICPA ABV Exam Review Course is the only comprehensive program backed by the resources and collective expertise of business valuation professionals associated with the AICPA -- the nation's premier membership organization for CPAs. The content within the course covers BOTH parts of the modular ABV Exam.
- Define the engagement and premise of value and write the engagement letter
- Identify valuation related professional standards and guidelines issued by AICPA (e.g., Statement on Standards of Valuation Services No. 1) and tax authorities
- Review sources of data, techniques and methods used to analyze business interest, value drivers, and risk assessment
- Examine the three primary approaches to value (and related hybrid approaches), as well as discounts, premiums and the reconciliation of value estimates
- Apply BV knowledge to special issues, including intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution services, FLPs and LLCs, ESOPs, special types of securities, and reporting
- Gain familiarity with landmark cases
- Professional Standards, the Engagement, and Standards of Value
- Subject Company Analysis
- The Market Approach to Valuation
- Cost of Capital
- Income Approach to Value
- Asset-Based Approach
- Valuation Adjustments: Discounts and Premiums
- Fair Value for Financial Reporting Based on Financial Accounting Standards Board Accounting Standards Codification (FASB ASC) 820
- The Valuation of Intangible Assets and Intellectual Property
- Valuation Service Areas
Who Will Benefit?
- ABV credential candidates
FVS Section Members Save an Additional 20%!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com.
Find out more information on the Forensic and Valuation Services Section.
About the Publisher