Alert That Restricts the Use of the Auditor's Written Communication - SAS No. 125
As a result of its Clarity Project, the Auditing Standards Board has issued Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 125, Alert That Restricts the Use of the Auditor’s Written Communication, to:
- supersede SAS No. 87, Restricting the Use of an Auditor’s Report(AICPA, Professional Standards, AU sec. 532 and AU-C sec. 905), and
- amend the following SASs:
- SAS No. 117, Compliance Audits, as amended (AICPA, Professional Standards, AU-C sec. 935)
- SAS No. 119, Supplementary Information in Relation to the Financial Statements as a Whole (AICPA,Professional Standards, AU-C sec. 725)
- Several AU-C sections in SAS No. 122, Statements on Auditing Standards: Clarification and Recodification
SAS No. 125 addresses the auditor's responsibility, when required or the auditor decides, to include in the auditor's report or other written communication issued by the auditor in connection with an engagement conducted in accordance with GAAS language that restricts the use of the auditor's written communication. In an auditor's report, such language is included in an other-matter paragraph.
Information about the eBook option
If purchasing this title as an eBook, please note that it is intended for a single user. An eBook is a downloadable file that will be accessible immediately after completing your purchase. Access to the download link expires 180 days from the purchase date. Download the file before this time elapses. Before downloading your eBook, you must:
- Download and activate Adobe Digital Editions®- a free program for accessing eBooks
- Return to the AICPA Store and go to My Account > My Downloads
- Click the eBook title to download and open automatically in Adobe Digital Editions
Note: To access your eBook on a smartphone, tablet or other reading device, see our FAQ. This product is refundable within 10 days of your purchase date. For more information about this product or service concerns, please contact the AICPA Store Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-777-7077.