How Do Busy CPAs Keep Pace With the Influx of New Laws and Regulations?
As a CPA, you’re faced with a steady stream of new regulations.August 5, 2010
Sponsored by Bisk CPEasy
As a CPA, you’re faced with a steady stream of new regulations, laws and industry developments. There was a deluge of changes to the tax code and a flood of important court decisions that can directly impact your clients. From rulings that clarify payment of payroll taxes for reclassified workers to changes in the treatment of IRA distributions for combat troops, the tax code continues to get more complex and chock full of special provisions.
You are also responsible for meeting the complex needs of your clients and/or company in a timely manner without compromising the quality of your services.
"Many CPAs feel like it’s a full-time job just trying to keep up with all the changes,” said Sandy Levine, Vice President of Marketing Services for Bisk Education. “And in the current economic climate, with Congress passing bills and special legislation such as the Housing Assistance Tax Act, HIRE Act, Health Care, it’s crucial to have a convenient, quick way to keep pace — without taking time away from your clients."
The Most Critical Topics. The Most Knowledgeable Experts.
Bisk’s Monthly News Reports come in five different subscriptions covering the most crucial industry sectors:
For busy accountants, Bisk Education’s Monthly News Reports are the perfect solution. Available online or on CD, these 60-minute audio programs are an ideal way to get up to speed while earning CPE credit at the same time. Just log in to your account and learn from your laptop, or pop in the CD on the way to work and get ahead even while you’re stuck in traffic. These fast-paced, informative programs give you in-depth analysis of the most important developments in the industry.
Choose from five different Monthly News Report subscriptions covering the most crucial industry sectors:
1. Taxation: Get the inside scoop on today′s must-know taxation news and developments, with guidance from tax experts such as E. Lynn Nichols, CPA, and America′s "Dean" of federal taxation, Dr. William L. Raby, CPA.
2. Financial Planning: Discover the latest financial planning trends and techniques with the help of leading financial pundits including Gregory Lane (CPA, CFP), adjunct faculty chair at the College of Financial Planning, and Dr. William L. Raby (CFP, CPA), former chairman of the AICPA′s Federal Tax Division.
3. Accounting and Auditing: Catch vital, late-breaking accounting and auditing news! Features guidance from Thomas Ratcliffe, CPA, retired dean of the Sorrell College of Business at Troy University and current member of the AICPA Accounting and Review Service Committee.
4. Governmental Accounting: Access current governmental accounting news and information. Features the expert guidance of Lucinda V. Upton, (CPA, CGFM), who'll steer you through the ever-expanding maze of government rules and regulations.
5. Financial Accounting and Management: Empower yourself with a thorough understanding of domestic and international issues that affect all industry financial and accounting professionals. Includes internationally known experts who share timely analyses, problem-solving tips and key strategies to successfully navigate today′s fast-paced business environment.
Each issue also comes with a written transcript of the program — delivered online, or as a traditional printed booklet — so you can read through the material to reinforce your knowledge. And with each subscription, you earn 12 CPE credit hours (one credit per month) by answering the quizzers following each presentation.
You can also stay up to date on the very latest developments while earning live CPE credit! Featuring leading experts broadcast live over the Internet, these webcasts allow you to interact with presenters, ask questions and participate in group discussions. You can earn up to 32 live CPE credits (two live credits per webcast event).
We have four different Quarterly Webcast Series:
• Accounting & Auditing
• Financial Planning
• Governmental Accounting & Auditing
Try a Free Webcast or News Report!
With a Bisk CPEasy OnDemand Gold- or Platinum-level subscription, you will receive both Monthly News Reports and Quarterly Webcasts. If you are interested in trying a free webcast or news report before subscribing click here or call 800-404-7438.
In addition, you can also keep your entire firm updated with all the changes/updates with our CPE Network Reports. Each 90-minute DVD delivers timely updates in an engaging, network-news-style format designed for group study. Choose from Tax, Accounting & Auditing and Governmental & Nonprofit Accounting. You will receive a new issue 11 times per year or quarterly, depending on your choice of report(s).