- Windows 2000 to present
Note: If you are using Windows 8, you must use Mozilla Firefox browser (www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new). Internet Explorer on Windows 8 is not compatible with the webcast system.
- Macintosh OS X
- Internet Explorer (IE) 7, 8 and 9 (IE 10 is currently not supported)
- Firefox 3.0+
- Safari 1.0+
- Google Chrome is not compatible with this Webcast system. Please use one of the browsers listed above.
Popup Blockers and Anti-SPAM programs:
- You must allow popup windows to access portions of this site.
- Streaming audio requires 33.6Kbps, and streaming video requires between 90Kbps and 300Kbps, depending on the video quality.
- A high speed internet connection such as an intranet connection, DSL, or cable modem is recommended.
- Monitor resolution of 1024x768.
- Speakers or headphones and a sound card with the ability to stream audio.
- Processor speed better than 1.0GHz with 256MB RAM.
- Firewall: Must allow RTMP traffic on port 1935 or 80 (or RTMP tunneling on port 80 with HTTP) for the following IP address ranges: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
Note: The LearnLive platform uses an RTMP (TCP) based protocol, which by default runs on port 1935. If that connection does not succeed, RTMP will try to run on port 80 or try to tunnel RTMP over HTTP on port 80 (Some firewall configurations or proxy setups may prevent the use of tunneling). We recommend communicating over port 1935 for maximum performance. Port 80 tunneled can impact performance.